Implemented by Handicap International with funding from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, BMZ, for the period January 2013 – June 2014. In Bangladesh, the project supported Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) in 17 districts across the country, developing their capacity to advocate for rights of people with disabilities in education and employment.
The DPOs in Bangladesh have decided to use the Making It Work methodology to collect : - good practice to ensure access of people with disabilities to waged employment n factories; - good practice to ensure waged employment of people with disabilities though the Chamber of Commerce and Industries; - good practice to ensure access to start up capital for people with disabilities;
- good practice to use local initiative to create educational opportunities for children with disabilities;
- good practice to ensure access of students with disabilities to secondary education through social mobilisation by school authorities;
- good practice to ensure access of children with disabilities to inclusive primary education;
- good practice to ensure physical accessibility for children with disabilities in high schools;
- good practice to ensure free of cost High School education for children with disabilities;
Do not hesitate to contact us for a fully accessible version of the documents.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.